Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My female boxer was pregnant w two pups had an xray a week…

My female boxer was...

My female boxer was pregnant w two pups had an xray a week ago two pups she had one just before my vet closed for the weekend but not the other and tols me if its more than two hours take her to the emergency animal hospital i did and was scared for my dog and her pup and they were very rude and cold and treated me like I was crazy and wanted special attention . they eventually seen her and said to take her home heartbeat was good and not stuck in birth canal that was at 9:30 pm last night her first one was born at 5pm on friday? I am very worried

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

No she is very tired but looks scared

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
she just went outside and is either constipated or but had black sticky stuff maybe feces maybe something else
3/24/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with your boxer. Dystocia (difficult birth) is diagnosed when there's been longer than 3 hours between pups without active contactions and also when a black (also green or red) discharge is present before pups are born - indicating placental sleparation and fetal distress or a pup is lodged in the birth canal. She needs the attention of a vet at your earliest convenience. A Caesarian or perhaps manual extraction of a lodged pup may be necessary. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian