Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My pug has been very tired lately and I'm noticing a lump on…

Customer Question
My pug has been...

My pug has been very tired lately and I'm noticing a lump on him back leg growing I have a picture as well

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

Nope just the lump

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/24/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

I would love to see the pictures. To post them on here, use the paper clip icon. How old is he? Any coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, exercise intolerance?

How old is he? Are you talking about that little bump in the middle of the thigh that is losing a bit of hair? It is tough to see in the picture? How long has it been there?

When ever a dogs is acutely lethargic, with no other symptoms besides a lump, blood work should be done to rule out an underlying infection or metabolic disease (internal organ disease). Because as you can imagine, there are many things that could cause lethargy and without any outward symptoms there would be no way of knowing the cause.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is 7 years old it started about 4 months ago as a small bump but noticing it is growing in size he sleeps all day when door opens no reaction today.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also notice little black bumps like moles almost on his belly and one on the corner of his eye

Thank you. So at 7 years of age he could have metabolic issues and blood work would be a very good idea. Also anytime a dermal bump changes, or grows, it needs to be checked in person by a vet to make sure it is not something that needs to be removed. The vet can take a tiny sample, with a syringe and needle, and look at it under the microscope in the clinic. The in if looks suspicious it can be removed. The bumps on his back and eye can be evaluated as well. So this is not going to be something that can be diagnosed from a picture or at home. Does that make sense? Do you have any other questions I may assist you with?

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian