Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Today I found my Demopressin spray on the floor. My 7 month…

Today I found my...

Today I found my Demopressin spray on the floor. My 7 month old puppy had been chewing on it. The bottle cap was lose. I'm afraid that he might have ingested a small amount.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

He's about 7.5 pounds

3/24/2018
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Luke and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry about your pet. I have over 19 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Are you available to discuss this situation online at this time? (if you get a phone call prompt from the system, please disregard as I am unable to do a phone call at this time).
***************

Give me a minute to type please

Hello Dr Luke
I'm able to discuss

This drug is a very safe drug in animals. We use it occasionally and it has a very high range of safety.

Side effects in small animals are uncommon. Occasionally eye irritation may occur if your dog got it in their eye.

I would not be concerned.

Ok good
Thank you very much

My pleasure.

**************************
Your satisfaction is my goal and I welcome any follow-up questions that you may have. Your 5-star rating at the conclusion of this correspondence is most appreciated and bonuses are always welcome. Regards, ***** *****

Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian