Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My two 50 pound dogs ingested 2/3 pan of. What do I need to…

My two 50 pound...

My two 50 pound dogs ingested 2/3 pan of brownies. What do I need to do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Two dogs, both 1 year in age. Names Saber and Goose.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

One is named Saber, the other is named Goose

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Saber?

Saber is a Australian Cattle Dog mixed with German Shepherd. Goose is Pointer mixed with Stanfordshire Terrior

3/24/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. If it has been less than an hour since they ate the brownies, I would give them both 5 tablespoons of 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed with food, milk or yogurt to induce vomiting. If they haven't vomited within 15 minutes, you can repeat a dose.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just sent my son to get hydrogen peroxide. If it takes over an hour do we need to do anything different?

If it's less than an hour and a half, I would still give the peroxide, if not, I would take him to the emergency vet for further treatment and detoxification if you can. If not, I can give you some tips and things to look for tonight as well.

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian