Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has little pimples near his anus and also looks like a…

He has little white...

He has little white pimples near his anus and also looks like a cyst is around that area too.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Chihuahua I also noticed a little cyst around his toe in right back paw. I started looking him over after I saw those other bumps and found that. Don’t know what to do.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Chihuahua?

He still goes to the bathroom done and seems fine, but I don’t think those bumps are normal. And I don’t want to aqueez squeeze the white heads because I don’t want to cause an infection.

Veterinarian's Assistant: There are all sorts of infections the Chihuahua can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the Chihuahua's name and age?

Cita and he is 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cita?

Just that he also has a cyst/growth on his right back paw near one of his little toes. Don’t know if they are associated.

3/24/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of these areas to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Here is his anus.

Thank you. Give me a moment to takea look, please...

Ok. Thank you.

Regretfully, the photo is out of focus. I see the white lesions but can't assess them properly. Can you try again?

The interdigital lesion is a skin tumor - it appears to be benign but it's large enough to become worried by Cita and should be removed.

That interdigital lesion is the one on the foot?
Paw?

Still out of focus. I can see the mass effect at 7 o'clock from the anus which is likely to represent a perianal adenoma but we can't differentiate perianal adenomas (benign) from perianal adenocarcinomas (malignant) without biopsying them. The white will represent either pustules or calcinosis cutis - abnormal deposition of calcium in disturbed tissue. I'd like to be more accurate for you but I just can't see this area well.

Yes, interdigital means between the digits (toes).

...adenocarcinomas (malignant) without biopsying them.

Just pic. Can’t seem to send video

I appreciate your efforts but the last pic was more out of focus than the previous ones. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Doc. Is he going to die?
I’ll stay in, but need direction. He’s my friend and I don’t know how to help him.

Goodness, no, but I want his vet to look at the tumor on the paw and under his anus. The vet can look at the white lesions at the same time. They're not dangerous.

Ok. So take him to the vet ASAP?

No, neither tumor is an emergency. Please make an appointment with his vet for next week.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
DrRoyC
Phone call session started

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.