Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My granddaughters Sheltie has red skin patches on his paws,

Customer Question
My granddaughters Sheltie has...

My granddaughters Sheltie has red skin patches on his paws, around his mouth, and on his genitals. She took him in and was told it was allergies and to avoid grain and starch. Its not going away.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

A dog, a sheltie.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

He has red patches on his paws, around his mouth and on his genitals.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

The red patches are where the hair is gone and the skin is red.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

Oliver, and he is 3 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Oliver?

3 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oliver?

No thats it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. It does sound like Oliver could have allergies. Did the vet do any kind of skin tests to check for ringworm, mites, yeast?