Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog seems to have a hard time eating dry food but not…

Customer Question
My dog seems to...

My dog seems to have a hard time eating dry food but not soft

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?

Ammo 2yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Ammo is his name

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ammo?

He use to play catch a lot and now it seems like he doesn’t want to catch at all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/23/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Ammo is having a hard time eating dry food and doesn't want to play catch. I suspect that he has some dental pain that is preventing him from wanting to do those things. I would get him to the vet for a thorough exam of his mouth to check for a fractured tooth, abscess, or tumor. If they don't see anything obvious, they may recommend having some dental x-rays done.

Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Do you still need help?

Paul

No. Thank you

Okay