Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Last Friday my Bichon made a mistake as he jump off the

Customer Question

last Friday my Bichon made a mistake as he jump off the couch and land on my shizshu I thought her leg was spring but she not eating unless I feed her I notice she not pooping and not herself right now I'm going out of my mind because I don't have any money to pay a vet
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jewels 8 years old I just touch her abdominal and its a little hard
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you here
Expert:  Dr. Rachel replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question.

To make sure I understand, Jewels is the dog that got jumped on?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No money

Is she limping?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She is

Is she putting any weight on that leg? If she is, that means it is probably not broken.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's not broken I think her spine is hurting because she holds her head down

She may have sprained her neck or pulled a muscle there. You can try applying cold packs for 20 minutes every few hours. If that seems to help, tomorrow you can alternate putting a cold pack on for 10 minutes, followed by a warm compress a few times a day.

This should help with the pain. You might need to keep feeding her and helping her walk/go outside until the pain gets better.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks ***** take her to vet office she not pooping

When was the last time she ate? Is she straining to poop? If she hasn't been eating, she probably doesn't have to poop.

I think if she is not eating on her own by tomorrow morning, I would take her in to the vet.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I gave her something early but not much
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Her ab is bloated

It seems to me that she is not eating because of the pain and because she is not eating, she is not pooping.

If she does have abdominal pain I would think about getting her to the vet sooner. You can also try giving her some over-the-counter Pepcid. For a dog her size, you can give a 5 mg Pepcid tablet to help settle her stomach.