Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Ablock of American cheese was left on the counter and the…

Ablock of American cheese...

Ablock of American cheese was left on the counter and the dog got a hold of it and ate it -probably close to a pound she's a medium size pup. What can I do to help her

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Mia about a year and a half.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mia?

Not that I know of

3/23/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

That is a lot of cheese

Are you still there?

Paul

Hi there

How long ago did this happen?

Paul

I am here
It was about 6+ hours ago

Okay and so far so good?

Paul

I am guessing, as that is the time it was missing
She has been shaking alot, flapping her lips, badly shaking

Thanks

Okay we need to give some Zantac at 1.0 mg/kg three times a day

This will settle the stomach and also push the cheese along

Do not feed for 24 hours time

Give water in small amounts often

We will manage this as a food bloat

Okay?

Paul

Loud and clear, can I get zantac over the counter, or do I need to find a vet near me?

It is over the counter

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul