Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I don't have a credit card. My 12 year old cockerpoo was…

I don't have a...

I don't have a credit card

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

My 12 year old cockerpoo was fine when I left him at noon... When I came home at 6.. he was lathargic, I thought I woke him from a nap was all ...it progressively got worse, hunched back, shaking, cannot walk, won't eat or drink

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

17 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Cody 12 years old

3/23/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Any chance he ate anything?

Paul

No vomit, no diarrhea...garbage was thrown out when I left house
No phone call... Cody is not making any noise...
He is breathing.. quietly

Okay

This sounds like one of two things:

Sore back/disc disease

OR

Acute gastritis/pancreatitis

Unfortunately he is deteriorating and therefore I have to recommend that he be examined now

They will want to check his blood and urine and possible x-ray his back

Paul

I called my vet at 8:50 pm when they were closing...vet office girl said to call at 8 am when phone's are turned on...anything I can do to keep him comfortable until then? He has been sleeping most of the time...he's so sad.. so am i

Sorry to hear that

You can try Tylenol at 15.0 mg/kg now

That will help with pain

Okay?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian