Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He keeps sneezing and licking and then digging his blanket…

Customer Question
He keeps sneezing and...

He keeps sneezing and licking and then digging his blanket and rubbing his nose

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Bear and he's 8

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bear?

He's a long-haired mini daschund

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Did this come on suddenly?

Facial swelling?

Difficulty breathing?

Paul

no facial swelling, no difficulty breathing.. but he has done this a few times now over last month.
I had called and talk to someone at vet who said it could be anxiety however I disagree because he will be sleeping and just wake up and start licking and sneezing. it's like he's got something in his nose and he's sneezing and then licking. then he gets up and starts digging in his blanket and rubbing his face. he'll finally settle down but i'm not sure what it could be

Hmmm

Interesting that it has happened before

How long do the episodes last and how is he now?

Paul