Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My toy poodle is gagging. almost like something is on her…

Hi, my toy poodle...

Hi, my toy poodle is gagging. almost like something is on her throat. it's on and off. but I can tell she is uneasy. and wanting to spit or throw up i made her drink water and gave her yogut

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your toy poodle eat anything unusual?

Not really but i had given her few pieces of shredded chicken

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your toy poodle's name and age?

Belle and she is 6 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Belle?

No. she had her annual check up last weekend and everything is healthy

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How long has this been going on for?

Gums pink?

What is heart rate? Put hand on chest behind left elbow

How fast i she breathing?

Paul

just now. for about 10-15 min ago
gums are normal.
she is breathing normal

Okay

Perhaps that chicken disagreed with her-> any spices on it?

Paul

no. i had it for dinner and i just gave her 2 shredded of it
she just spit a phlem right now and seems okay

Okay

I think this is just acute gastritis and I am not too worried

Can you please give her 1/2 of a Pepcid AC 10.0 mg now and in the AM

That should settle the stomach

Water is fine

No food till tomorrow AM

Okay?

Paul

i don't have any Pepcid. is there anything alternative i can give her

Sure!

Do you have any other antacids there?

Paul

i have tums

Nope

Any chance you can get some Pepcid or Prilosec for me?

Paul

i'll have to get it in the store then

Great!

Any grocery store will have them

Paul

thank you. she has settle down now since she spit something out.

Okay

We do have the option of just watching her now if you like

I will be here most of the night

Are you okay with that?

Paul

it's okay. she seems fine now.

That is a relief

Okay have a good night

Update me if more problems

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

thank you

Very welcome

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul