Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He just vomited. He is a chiweenie and he picked up a piece…

Customer Question
He just vomited. He...

He just vomited. He is a chiweenie and he picked up a piece of cheese off floor as we were preparing burgers and ate it. He is on grain free food. Now, he looks like he is gulping. It has been going on for about 15 minutes now non stop. He will not just sit still. He is all over the place like he has a suidden burst of energy. I gave him a small 1/2 TUMS and it is still going on .

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

He was a rescue. He is about a year. He has Alopecia(fyi). He normally has an ok to smasll appetite as it is.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

His name is*****: How old is Mickey?

About a year old. He was a rescue so DOB is unknown

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/23/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Was he totally normal prior to the cheese?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After it

Okay

I wonder if the piece of cheese got stuck in his esophagus

Did you give him water or something else to drink?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian