Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My basset hound is 4 months old. She triped on her ears and…

My basset hound is...

My basset hound is 4 months old. She triped on her ears and fell down two steps of stairs. She is limping, but still walking, although she is trying to sit more. Could she have broken her little leg? She isn't crying. She yelped when it happened but she lets me touch her leg. Is there something I can do to make her more comfortable until tomorrow?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the basset hound's name?

Ruby

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ruby?

She's wonderful?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Front or hindleg?

Able to put weight on it?

Any part of leg at a funny angle?

Paul

hind leg, left one. Yes able to put weight on it. No funny angles.
Monique

Hello Monique

I think that Ruby is going to be just fine

But lets give her Aspirin at 10.0 mg/pound now with some food

And then tuck her into bed

Okay?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
ok. Thank you.