Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My daughter just adopted a dog she was told that it was

My daughter just adopted...

My daughter just adopted a dog she was told that it was around three turns out more 8 to 10 it has a little cough and very tired, no energy took to vet and said has a grade 4 murmur she is a college student away from home and very sad. does this mean the dog will die? is there hope/help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Finn and he is between 8 and 10. she just adopted him from a shelter in Mississippi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Finn?

Nothing that I know of. I am in New York so only seen pictures, he was born with only one ear, that i know oh, and they neutered him on tuesday which now that I know how old he is i am angry about i attributed his lack of energy to that as my daughter said that prior to the surgery in the shelter he was lively and jumping around int he cage

3/23/2018
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Finn has a cough and was also found to have a high grade murmur. I am sorry to hear about the sudden change of Finn's condition. Did your daughter have Finn examined by a different veterinarian than the one at the shelter? Is that who found the heart murmur?

Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian
She knew he had a murmur when adopted but they told her he was around 3 and they nurtured him. thats when she found out about murmur. she took him to a different vet today but turns out he is the one who did the surgery this is in mississippi and the shelter did not have a vet and i guess they recommended this place. she is upset now as you can imagine she fell in love with him. they gave her medicine today told her not necessary to start now but she wanted to obviously to help him
Phone call session started