Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Black lab female, Trembling, drooling, whinning, Ooops 7yrs.

Black lab female, Veterinarian's...

Black lab female,

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Trembling, drooling, whinning,

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Ooops 7yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ooops?

No very calm family dog. Live in the country

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Did she get into anything?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Last 2 hours
Not that I know of
No
No

1- Is she able to walk?

2- Does she have a head tilt?

3- Any abdominal swelling?

4- Any other symptoms?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Pupils were big
1- Is she able to walk? 2- Does she have a head tilt? 3- Any abdominal swelling?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
can walk
No head tilt
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
An looks fine
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Abdominal looks ok

Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Pink

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Friend, the symptoms that you are describing of acute onset of trembling, drooling and whining are very non-specific and can be related to many different medical conditions that affect dogs. Unfortunately, I will not be able to pinpoint the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination and some testing, I am sorry. But, common causes are neuromuscular disorders like a pinched nerve, pancreatitis, ingestion of a foreign body, etc. to name a few causes. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home, I am sorry. Ooops needs to be seen by a veterinarian for a hands-on examination, blood work and x-rays as an initial screening test. Treatment will be based on exam and test results. If possible, I would have her checked tonight by ER veterinarian.

I realize that this answer may not be entire to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ty

You're welcome. :)

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian