Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

MY DOG DOESNT WANT TO EAT AND WHEN HE WALKS HE WALK VERY…

Customer Question
MY DOG DOESNT WANT...

MY DOG DOESNT WANT TO EAT AND WHEN HE WALKS HE WALK VERY SLOW

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

THERE IS NO WOUND I TOOK HIM TO THE VET AND THEY SAID IT WAS UTI OR HIS BONES THEY DID GIVE ME PAIN MEDICATION BUT HE STILL CRYS

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?

NIKO AND THE VET SAID 12 12YRS OLD

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is NIKO?

12 YRS OLD

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about NIKO?

WELL HE DOES EAT THE DOG TREAT BUT NOT THE DOG FOOD, I EVEN TRIED WET FOOD

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/23/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Regretfully, being told that it was either a UTI or his bones (which have nothing to do with each other) isn't helpful. Anorexia and walking slowly are important signs but aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. You need to find a vet who will perform a thorough physical exam on Niko including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests. X-rays or ultrasound might be recommended predicated upon the results of the exam and blood and urine tests. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

my dog died last night so yeah this website sucks.

My condolences for your loss of Nilo. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.