Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I took her to Petsmart for a grooming 3 days ago and she is…

Customer Question
I took her to...

I took her to Petsmart for a grooming 3 days ago and she is limping. Is that something I should be concerned with?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

She's a chubby Yorkie with tiny feet so I think the nail clipping may have caused a problem - not sure though...

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes, my Yorkie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

She will not let me at it - I think it hurts and she pulls it away - scared to hurt her further but I will try to look again..

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Yorkie?

No, not that I know of

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I'm dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I'm so sorry to hear about your pet. I'm working on a response will be back shortly
it is definitely something to be concerned with because she was not limping prior to going for her grooming appointment and she's obviously exhibiting discomfort. You have also given it a few days to see if her symptoms resolved. Obviously she is still in discomfort and is unwilling to have you examined her paw. I would certainly contact The Grooming facility and ask them if they have any idea what could have happened. If you feel comfortable. At this point since she does not seem to be improving I would also recommend that you have her examined to determine if it is a joint issue or possible nail or or other paw related injury. If there is some sort of the wound and we don't want her to develop any type of infection either.
I hope that helps. I would definitely have her evaluated to ensure that there's not something serious going on. You will feel better and she will feel better as well. If they need to prescribe some pain medication or antibiotics it's best to get her on something sooner rather than later.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I am happy to help. If you are satisfied with my assistance, a five star rating is always appreciated. Even after the rating we can continue this conversation for a week, so keep me posted.
Sincerely ***** *****
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian