Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is a boxer and just started drooling. Name is Bella and…

Customer Question
She is a boxer...

She is a boxer and just started drooling

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Name is ***** ***** she is 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

No she is healthy happy girl

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/22/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I am dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I'm so sorry to hear about Bella. Is there any chance that she could have gotten into everything? Any change in her food or environment?
There are number of different reasons why dogs will drool. Obviously if it was an acute onset situation then we worry about exposure to something or possible nausea. It will be important to make sure that she didn't get into any type of toxin or abnormal substance. If you are sure that everything else has stayed the same and there has been no ingestion of anything abnormal then we can start by providing an acid reducer such as Pepcid AC and see if her symptoms improve. Medication can help calm the stomach and potentially help with nausea. How much does she weigh?
Obviously if her symptoms do not seem to be improving, and she will have to go in for an exam and possible bloodwork to make sure there's not something more involved going it, especially at her age.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian