Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She throwing up or clear foam, and like a gagging cough to…

She throwing up white...

She throwing up white or clear foam, and like a gagging cough to get it up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No she been fine until this morning

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I am dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I'm so sorry to hear about your pet. What breed is she and how much does she weigh? Was there anything that she could have gotten into that you know of? Is she an older dog?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
She is a coton and is going on 6, there’s nothing she could have gotten into, she weighs about 2 lbs
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
She weighs 10 lbs sorry
maybe she just has a mild stomach upset or gastroenteritis. You can certainly try very small intermittent meals after resting her stomach for a few hours. You could also give Pepcid AC, famotidine. She could have 2.5 mg every 12 hours. It comes in 10 mg tablets and you can purchase it at any pharmacy or grocery store.
Again I would try to rest her stomach for a few hours and then maybe offer a small amount of water or low sodium chicken broth. Make sure that she can keep it down without vomiting. You can give the Pepcid AC at any time and may want to allow 30 minutes to pass before offering any food or water. Obviously if she is getting worse or is not improving in 12 or 24 hours you may want to take her in for an exam and possible blood work.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Okay thank you I’ll try, that.
It is always wise to have blood work done if things are not improving. Dogs can develop different types of diseases that can certainly cause nausea and vomiting when nothing else has changed in their environment. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. If you were satisfied with my assistance, a five star rating is always appreciated. Even after the rating we can continue this conversation for a week, so please feel free to send me any questions or concerns that you may have. Sincerely ***** *****
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian