Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Bodhi has on going skin allergies to specific things. He is…

Customer Question
Bodhi has on going...

Bodhi has on going skin allergies to specific things. He is normally treated by a dermatologist but I took him to a new vet recently since he was having an outbreak. We found that he has some bacteria and he put him on cefpodoxime 200mg once a day along with have him a shot of this new allergy medicine which is similar to apoquel. He had a bad reaction to it so he added some tritop ointment to apply to his skin topically. I was gone for a week so he’s been wth the pet sitter but tonight he has hives all over his body diarrhea and is itching severely. He’s taken prednisone in the past so I looked up the dose for his correct weight and gave him 7mg. The only Benedryl that I have is for sinus and congestion. I am wondering if I should find a 24hr pharmacy and get him some benedryl as well or will the pregnisone suffice?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the triton can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the triton's name and age?

Bodhi and he is about 8yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Bodhi?

You got his age already in the above text

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I forgot to mention that he is also on apaquel
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
How do I send you the service offer I went to the page and paid the 28 dollars that it had on there and than it said for me to wait for a rely by email
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share a link to the benadryl product you have on hand so that I may see if it can be used?

Well I hope I wasn’t charged for anything as I treated Bodhi with 7mg of pregnisone and that worked for him. Also I ended up falling back to sleep since it was very early in the morning for me.