Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have an English Bulldog about 6 years old and earlier…

Customer Question
We have an English...

We have an English Bulldog about 6 years old and earlier today we noticed she was panting heavily. Well just about 2 hours ago she starting throwing up. The first one I could tell that one of the kids probably had fed her pizza crust at dinner but she has thrown up twice after. They seem to be consistent with her dog food but I’m worried and don’t know if there is anything I should be doing.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Besides the pizza crust nothing that I saw or that was in the vomit.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Besides the panting earlier no. She is healthy dog has no food allergies or problems.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/22/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I am sorry you are going through this with your pet. I can make a few recommendations of things you can try at home to help with vomiting. If these don't work, I would strongly urge you to take your pet to the vet for a check up.

You can give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach and help with vomiting. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help with GI upset. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't doing the job. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt