Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

How to treat irritating red spots and dry skin. Boss 10 yrs…

Customer Question
How to treat...

How to treat irritating red spots and dry skin

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Boss 10 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Boss

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Boss?

He is losing hair around his bottom and tail

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/22/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 28 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
He is itching and has lots of dry spots a lot of irritation around his bottom and losing hair on his tail

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Where is the scratching localized?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I can share pictures itching is located on his bottom and back, sides of his face and legs and tail
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 15 days ago

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian