Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog just ate 40 mg of Galliprant and I need to know if…

Hi, My dog just...

Hi, My dog just ate 40 mg of Galliprant and I need to know if this is going to hurt him. He weighs 20 lbs. and is on it for bad arthritis

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?

I had to get to my computer

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

I don't think so

3/22/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Please don't be alarmed. This 2X dose will be well-tolerated. Galliprant has been studied at up to ~15X the labeled dose for a 9-month duration and only mild gastrointestinal disturbances were noted in the study. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Your dog will remain safe. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Thank you very much. He is normally on 20 mg anyway and he is 3 years old. He was kicked at some puppy mill when he was young and the only thing connecting his right rear leg is calcium deposits and scar tissue. He is my baby. Thank you Thank you. What is the total charge?

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

For questions concerning your financial obligation to the site please contact customer service at ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us or 1-***-***-****.