Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I moved yesterday and I put my puppy outside and I think she…

Customer Question
I moved yesterday and...

I moved yesterday and I put my puppy outside and I think she found a piece of the green rat poison..i got to her before she ate it all but I don't know how big the piece was she is not showing any signs yet it just happened and now what do I do...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Her name is ***** ***** she is my first pet

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?

No she is 13 weeks old and she is pretty hyper before...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Do you know the name of the poison or active ingredient?

2- How many hours has it been since she ate it?

3- How much does she weigh?

4- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

it was the green decon and she is about 14 pounds and yes I have hydrogen peroxide she's about 13 weeks old too

How many hours has it been since she ate it?

It just happened about 30 minutes ago

Decon has two types of active ingredients that they use in their baits, would you happen to have the box so you can tell me the name of the active ingredient?

Let's try to make her vomit with hydrogen peroxide 3%, this is what you can do:

1- Give her 1/2 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide 3% orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- Please let me know if she vomits, I will be on standby for 20 minutes.

Dr. Peter

Actually no I didn't put it out I guess the people that lived here before I cleaned it on the inside of the house but I didn't see it outside she must have found it while she was outside eating

Dr. Peter