Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have an older Female Lab about 12 or 13. My daughter came…

Customer Question
We have an older...

We have an older Female Lab about 12 or 13. My daughter came home after school today and went put her out and she went out but when she called her to come in she had a hard time getting up from the sitting position. She is eating and drinking fine. We live in upstate NY so there is deep snow still and it is colder. Is there anything that I can give her to help her?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help To. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about To?

No she is pretty healthy overall. She does have several fatty lumps. But overall she is great and she is about 65 - 70 lbs

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/21/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

No vomiting or diarrhea?

Gums are pink?
How fast is she breathing?

Paul

No vomiting, or diarrhea, she is breathing normal and her gums are pink, nose is wet as well

Thanks

This sounds more like musculoskeletal then GI or cardiorespiratory

Lets give her Aspirin at 10.0 mg/pound twice daily with food for a few days

That should help a lot

Okay?

Paul

Ok thank you, ***** ***** any other suppliments that we can give her each day to prevent this from happening again?

If she has arthritis then giving gylcosaminoglycans and chondroitin as perodic injections will help a lot-> Vet has to do this obviously

There are very good dog specific anti-arthritis meds also

And very welcome

Paul