Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My son is bringing a dog fromCuba to Canada. Dog is vomiting…

Customer Question
My son is bringing...

My son is bringing a dog fromCuba to Canada. Dog is vomiting and sick now for six days. No help from the vets over there. How can my son treat the dog himself?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No, and the weaner dog was healthy before the shot.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Weaner

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Weaner?

Yes, he has the runs and is lethargic He has not been eating and drinking is hard for him.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication?

Where is the dog located now?

What diagnostics have been performed, if any?