Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I noticed my pug throwing up this morning and now she is…

Customer Question
I noticed my pug...

I noticed my pug throwing up this morning and now she is shevering

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Ya likes to get into the toelet paper often

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?

Lola 1 year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Lola?

1

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/21/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DrSarah, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Sarah, a veterinarian with over 10 years experience and am here to help! Was it bile or food?

Poor Lola! There's lots of reasons for dogs to vomit. A common one that causes middle of the night/early AM vomit is bilious syndrome, which is a fancy term for nausea on an empty stomach. They usually vomit bile in the middle of the night or first thing in the AM but then feel fine later in the morning. Giving a snack before bed and 5mg pepcid AC before bed can help with that.

If it was food she vomited then maybe she has an upset belly for some other reason. I'd still recommend 5mg pepcid AC twice daily. Also some bland food like boiled chicken/hamburger and rice for a day or two.

If she continues to vomit or not eat then a vet visit is definitely warranted to look for other issues. Bland food and pepcid usually takes care of the mild cases.

Hope Lola feels better soon! Let me know if I can help in any other way! Kindly consider rating my answer; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.

Dog Veterinarian: DrSarah, Veterinarian replied 29 days ago

How's Lola doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrSarah
DrSarah
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian