Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I accidentally dropped my 13 weeks old French Bulldog pup on…

Customer Question
I accidentally dropped my...

I accidentally dropped my 13 weeks old French Bulldog pup on the floor. She whimper when she fell and limped when she walks now. This just happens about 40 mins ago. She is asleep now

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

At first it looked like she was having trouble bearing weight to right front arm but then she started walking and was limping

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Her name is Lucy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/21/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I'm sorry to hear of this with Lucy. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on her, please?

Regretfully, it's nigh impossible for me to assess injury from afar. If she continues to limp her vet should examine her at your earliest convenience. At Lucy's age injuries to growth plates in her long bones can lead to life-long deformity and lameness.