Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 8 month old black lab has a bumpy, wart looking rash on…

Customer Question
My 8 month old...

My 8 month old black lab has a bumpy, wart looking rash on his lower jaw. One of the bumps has what appears to be a little blood or at least blood vessel. He had a fungal infection in his ear 2 months ago. Help?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

Silas

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Silas?

He isn't showing any signs of discomfort. He is super sweet, chill lab. He chews up a lot of junk and ingests it quite a bit. Rubber, branches and sticks, primarily from a spruce tree, oh and chews the bark off the spruce tree. We live in Alaska so don't have ticks or flees.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/21/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Luke and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry about your pet. I have over 19 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Are you available to discuss this situation online at this time? (if you get a phone call prompt from the system, please disregard as I am unable to do a phone call at this time).
***************

Can you upload a photo(s) of the area to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.