Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Hes earen an easter egg and 2 double deckers from.what i can…

Customer Question
Hes earen an easter...

Hes earen an easter egg and 2 double deckers from.what i can gather es a cross boxer

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

He seems ok i went out to the shop and hed pinched one off the shelf in the kitchen

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Hes not hurt hes eaten chocolate eggs

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Bruno hes 6 x

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Bruno?

6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bruno?

Hes on steroids for skin allergies

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. How long ago did he eat the chocolate eggs?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this afternoon between 12 and 4 pm
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this afternoon between 12 and 4 pm.

Ok, I would give 3% hydrogen peroxide (1 tablespoon per 10 pounds) to try to induce vomiting.

If he does not vomit, I would recommend taking him to the vet for further treatment and detoxification. Usually you will see vomiting and diarrhea in these situations. If you can't take him to the vet, I would recommend starting him on a bland diet of boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days, as well as Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for a few days as well.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian