Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Last evening our 2 yr old wheaton terrier ingested a few of…

Customer Question
Last evening our 2...

Last evening our 2 yr old wheaton terrier ingested a few of my daughter Birth Control pills they are Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo she seemed ok last night but today she was at vets getting groomed and they said her urine was very yellow stool runny and she threw up. The container that housed the pills was crushed BUT some of the pills were pulverized still in the space Also most of the pills were taken by our daughter and some missing were the placebo pills she weights about 27 pounds our vet said to call poison control but their line is busy musy can you help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what the dog ate?

Well some were found on the floor at best maybe 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No she goes there for all of her shots etc she is a healthy dog otherwise.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information to better assist you if you don’t mind.

So you think she may only have ingested about two tablets? Is that correct?

Did she chew on or ingest any of the container?