Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My pet has been pacing for hours. He'll sit down or lie down…

Customer Question
My pet has been...

My pet has been pacing for hours. He'll sit down or lie down for a few moments to get up and move again. He wines, drags his butt, but I've poked and prodded like the vet does and nothing seems amiss. He's not vomiting and just had a very healthy bowel movement. He's licking his lips excessively and occasionally panting. He hasn't gotten into anything - what could be going on?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

He's had a weird cough thing for a while - nothing constant but he'll bark or growl and it turns hoarse and he gags. He never vomits.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 1 month ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am sorry your question was not picked up sooner.

How is your dog feeling now?

What breed of dog is he?

Have you changed food or treats at all?

Is the stool normal or softer than normal?

Is he coughing or does he seem like he is gagging on something?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian