Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Someone put some diesel fuel into my pets's water bowl, He…

Customer Question
Someone put some diesel...

Someone put some diesel fuel into my pets's water bowl ,

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

He is not stable on his legs he is about 70 lbs and very strong so seeing him unstable is worrisome

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He is not walking well , it is muscle control that is affected What canwe give him to counter this

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

You are not listening , no wounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Charlie , what does that matter

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Charlie?

He is an active dog , can run miles , he runs a mile twice a day alongside my truck on the way to and from the shop I work at

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I am dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry to hear about Charlie. I'm working on a response will be back immediately.
this is not a situation where you can try to treat this on your own. He needs to go into a veterinarian and be treated. Diesel fuel ingestion could be life threatening depending upon how much he ingested. Because diesel is such a strong chemical this is not a situation where we want to induce vomiting.
If he vomits and then aspirates and gets the chemical into his lungs as a could cause a severe chemical pneumonia. He really should be taken to a veterinarian and be treated as soon as possible. Do you have a veterinarian close by?