DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian with over 10 years experience
101555041

My small dog jingles has had a little bit of a rat or mice

Customer Question

My small dog jingles has had a little bit of a rat or mice block about an hour ago seems ok at the moment no vets open here in mount isa till tomorrow how harmful are they to dogs regards karyn
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: At the moment he's fine just worried if the amount that he ate is harmful or not it wasn't much that he ate
JA: The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No he's very active and healthy
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrSarah replied 8 months ago.

I'm Dr. Sarah, a veterinarian with over 10 years experience and am here to help! I am reviewing your question and will be back with a reply.

Expert:  DrSarah replied 8 months ago.

Oh Jingles! With any amount of rat poison I'd recommend inducing vomiting and get to the vet ASAP. Give hydrogen peroxide at a tsp per 10#. You can repeat once 10 minutes later if no vomit has occurred. Alternatively have the vet induce vomiting which will work quicker. Take the package with you as there are different types of poison and they require different treatment. Best of luck.

Let me know if I can help in any other way! Kindly consider rating my answer; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.

Expert:  DrSarah replied 8 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
DrSarah
Expert:  DrSarah replied 8 months ago.

How is Jingles doing?