Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog's stomach is bloated but he doesn't appear to be in…

Customer Question
Hi, my dog's stomach...

Hi, my dog's stomach is bloated but he doesn't appear to be in pain. He's just napping and acting like his normal self.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?

Gebo, 1.5 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gebo?

No, he's about 25-30 pounds

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, I am dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry to hear about Gebo. I am working on a response and will be back shortly.
thank you for the information. In general when a dog's stomach is bloated we do get a little concerned about excessive gas, distention of the stomach or other issues that may be causing some discomfort or pain. We also get concerned about possible ingestion of unusual things especially dogs that are young. My advice to you would be to monitor his symptoms and ensure that he is not showing any signs of pain or distress. Make sure that his gum color is nice and pink and that he is breathing normally. There is a possibility that by tomorrow or the next day the bloating could resolve; it may just be a 24 to 48 hour issue or less. If it does not resolve and he does start to show signs of pain or discomfort, then you should absolutely take him in for an exam.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Nicole