Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog was lying down beside me on the carpet. I noticed…

Customer Question
My dog was lying...

My dog was lying down beside me on the carpet. I noticed that he had begun to chew on the carpet like he was trying to chew a hole in it. I told him to stop and he did for a while then started again. I took him outside and he started to pick up and chew any number of things. Brought him in and gave him some water. He drank a lot of water, just kept on drinking. I took the water away and locked him in his crate. He started to chew on the composite floor of his crate and chew on the metal parts. I'm really worried. Not like him He exhibited similar symptoms about three weeks ago except that he threw up a lot before. The previous bout occured a few hours after I gave him a monthly dose of advantage II. I thought that the flea med. might have caused the problem before.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

He hasn't eaten since breakfast. He had hid dry dogfood with a little baked chicken mixed in.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He is a std poodle, about 60 lbs, 16 months old. He has always been happy and in good health.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

I needed help last night. Your company took $27.00 from me. Your original offer was $5.00, then ballooned to $27.00. Then I saw that you wanted $35.00. Just refund my money.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian