Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a sick old english bulldog. She is 3 years old and…

Customer Question
We have a sick...

We have a sick old english bulldog. She is 3 years old and has been treated by 2 vets since the 1st week of December 2017. We have been given several different reasons for her problems. she has been on alot of medicines. Her symptoms will improve for only a short time and then come back.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

It began with her having a hard time breathing and favoring her hind end. At that time they told us her white blood count was high and she was dehyrated. they kept her overnight with IV which lowered her count. They said she was favoring her hind end due to pain.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

On new years eve she could hardly breath. she would only sleep. we had to help her up. she would not eat or drink. we took her back again to the emergency. she had a fever and was shaking, they gave us more medicine and told us to watch her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

We took her to another vet 1 week later due to no improvement. the new vet said she was very sick and had bronchitis. more medicine. 2 weeks later back again. Bronchitis is gone but now its her thyroid. more medicine. we are 5 weeks into the thyroid medicine and now shes loosing hair, will not drink, still favoring her hind end where she will not even get up. very low appetite, no engery, and breathing is very labored

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/20/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

No change, yesterday the doctor gave her a shot of penacillin and 2 more meds
We have to take her back in 10 days
But he still cannot tell us what is wrong

1) Have any x-rays been taken thus far?
2) Do you have a copy of the bloodworks that were run to share?
3) What medication is she on currently?
4) What medications have benefitted her thus far?