Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is lethargic. At rest her stomach is contracting and…

She is lethargic. At...

She is lethargic. At rest her stomach is contracting and expanding.??? I've never seen this before. She is 14 yrs old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Pekinese dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Pekinese. What is the Pekinese's name?

Gizmo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gizmo?

She seems unable to see well and hear and she's not urinating hardly. She can see some but not well.

3/19/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Gizmo. You appear to be describing "abdominal breathing" which describes my patient needing to use its abdominal musculature in addition to its diaphragm in order to expand its lungs and oxygenate itself properly. This usually airses from significant respiratory compromise secondary to advanced cardiopulmonary disorders such as congestive heart failure, heartworm disease, chronic sterile bronchitis, pneumonias, or neoplasia (cancer) in the chest cavity. Less commonly, a diaphragmatic hernia will be found. Gizmo's breathing should prompt a complete physical exam including careful aucultation (listening to) and X-rays of her thorax (chest). Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
She is doing fantastic! I took her to the Vet the next day but before I did. I used my medical device on her. It is a PEMF device and it just increases circulation by 30%. I use it and have had amazing results. Anyway, I did a session with her and the next morning she had results with something she's had for years.....I was so amazed. The vet found eye infection and ear infection and also said arthritis. We have been using the meds from the Vet as well as more sessions on my device and she is like a different Dog. (She is 14 yrs old and seems to have problems with vision and hearing as well as her mobility.) Thank you so much for your consult!!

What a good update! Thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian