Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I want to buy the rabies vaccine on line and vaccinate my…

Customer Question
I want to buy the...
I want to buy the rabies vaccine on line and vaccinate my dogs(10). Is it legal in Massachusetts that a nurse ( I am a RN) is able to vaccinate my dogs and it be accepted by the city?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/19/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand you want to purchase a rabies vaccination to give to your dogs. Do I understand correctly that you have 10 dogs to vaccinate?

Unfortunately, state requirements mandate that a veterinarian give a rabies vaccination. This is true for every state. They also require a veterinarian signature on the certificate to make sure that only veterinarians are giving the vaccine. You might be able to find a mobile veterinarian in your area to come out and give each vaccination. That might be a good alternative to having to bring all 10 dogs to the veterinarian.

Does that help answer your question?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian