Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 15yr old female German shepherd, who is on her way…

Customer Question
I have a 15yr...

I have a 15yr old female German shepherd, who is on her way to the promised land. She has been taking occasion a

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Shepherd?

Oops she is taking occasional prednisone which seems to help. She has a mass next to her bladder, and is now starting to collapse with her hips and back legs. With assistance getting up she can walk for a while. I am looking for something that I can give her ,non med, to help her relax. I know it's coming soon, but the wife is just not ready.

Veterinarian's Assistant: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Shepherd?

Limited control of her bowels, solid thank the lord, and the uncontrolled urination is slowly starting. I know the next time I take her to my vet, Reilly will not come home.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/19/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 3 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you.

There are a couple of things you can try for calming that are not medication that works well..

TH]he fist product is in treat form called Composure Chews. THey are easy to give as a treat:

https://www.vetriscience.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=900780060

The other Product is an Herbal Remedy called Rescue Remedy. You can rub this in the inner ear

flap or put in her water. https://www.chewy.com/s?query=Rescue+Remedy&query2=Stress+Relief&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv73VBRCdARIsAOnG8u0fj_H-UX4QnpvTGsytsnw1n4FyzE3jBhPijyELaFx5eZxDg_Z-eQoaAkccEALw_wcB

Both these suggestions should accomplish what you want to keep her cam.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 2 months ago

I wanted to check in on your German shepard to see if you tried any of my suggestions. Please let me know how she is doing.

Joan