Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Shitting whil sleeping. Name Gazel, age 12. Gazel. His eyes…

Customer Question
Shitting whil sleeping Veterinarian's...

Shitting whil sleeping

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Name Gazel, age 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Gazel

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gazel?

His eyes are cloudy both eyws

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 1 month ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. It sounds like bowel incontinence.

What breed of dog is Gazel?

Is Gazel walking normally?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Gazel is a labourdog.
No he is not able to walk properly, his back two legs keep slipping. Mainly beacause he walks in marble.
But when he is walking in cement or mud he is ok.

Thank you for that information. Causes for bowel incontinence would be nerve damage to the sphincter, nerve damage to the spinal cord, muscle damage where anal reflex is absent or weak. Unfortunately all of the above would need diagnosis from your Vet. Given his age it would be wise to get a senior exam.

Hi Ashe,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
DakotaSouthFive
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You still have not told me how to help
Any specfic vitamins or amino acid he needs to repair the nerves?

There is nothing you can do at home as far as home remedies. You also first need to see which problem it is that is causing the issue. Is it nerve damage in the spine or the sphincter. If the nerves are are pinched by a disc then surgery. As stated, you need an exam by your

Vet to determine which you are dealing with.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
your suggestion is to go see a vet? Nothing you can do?

I'll opt out and see if another expert has some suggestions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I really appreciate your input
Sally G.
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant