Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

4 year old West Highland Terrier has had two x 7 day coure…

Customer Question
4 year old West...

4 year old West Highland Terrier has had two x 7 day coure amoxicillin for anal gland infection. Still has a discharge. Advice please?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

Mollie#

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mollie# ?

She was spayed last November

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/19/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When were the glands last expressed?

Has she had a recheck evaluation performed yet?

Any scooting behavior?

Were the glands abscessed or ruptured?

Is she on any other medication?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian