Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

If your puppy had clymadia as a puppy and is now 3 yrs old.

Customer Question
If your puppy had...

If your puppy had clymadia as a puppy and is now 3 yrs old. If it wasn't treated how would it show up now? Also we do have chickens. I just know what to look for now. How I know?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the puppy?

He's 3 now and is always hungry a d at has remained the same. He's part lab/beagle but never seems to gain wt. He's active and acts fine. He has been 41 pounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the puppy seem to hurt?

Left ear but would it be in his stool?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name?

Louie. He had it as a puppy and was treated.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Louie?

High strung

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/19/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago
Heath Wilkerson

Hi Dr. W here. The symptoms of Chlamydia in dogs is typically similar to what you would see if a person had "pink eye", so a red conjunctivitis.

Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! I'll be online for a couple more hours today. Please remember to accept my answer, AND RATE OUR CONVERSATION (or I will not receive any credit for helping you). Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson