Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dalmatian just got caught in my bin, in which there was a…

Customer Question
Hello, my dalmatian just...

Hello, my dalmatian just got caught in my bin, in which there was a packet of rilexine 300 tablets (for my smaller dog). He only seemed to have chewed packets that were empty as my last five tablets are untouched. There is a possibility that he could have chewed up one or two of them as there is only residue in one popped section. He is about 23-25kilos and approximately Five years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is your dog's name and age?

Pongo he is five

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pongo?

He is acting fine no abnormal behavior

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/19/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago
Heath Wilkerson

Hi. Dr. W here. I'm sorry to hear this. That can be scary. Rilexine (Cephalexin generic) has a large safety margin dogs. If he ate one or two of them, that is not a problem at all.

Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago

You should not expect to see any negative side effects from this drug (unless of course he ate some of the plastic which might be irritating to his stomach).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Heath, I'll continue to monitor him just in case.
Thank you
Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago

You're welcome! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! Please remember to accept my answer, AND RATE OUR CONVERSATION (or I will not receive any credit for helping you). Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Heath Wilkerson
Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago

Please remember to “accept” my answer, AND RATE OUR CONVERSATION 5-STARS (it's important so that I will receive credit for helping you). Bonuses are always welcome. (I am not compensated in any other way). If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! I’ll be online for another hour or so. Thanks and have a great night!

Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson