Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Poodle Terrier keeps chewing paws. Bella 5 years. Not really…

Customer Question
Poodle Terrier keeps chewing...

Poodle Terrier keeps chewing paws

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Dog Trainer can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Bella 5 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about Bella?

Not really

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/19/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago
Heath Wilkerson

Hi Dr. W here. Normally when a dog is chewing more than one paw, it's due to inflammation between the toes. The underlying cause is usually allergies. The allergy causes the skin to become red itchy and irritated and then this allows for yeast or even bacterial infections to set in between the paws. Do the feet smell yeasty? Is it moist and sticky between the toes? Thanks

Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 1 month ago

Hi I'm checking in to see how it's going?

Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson