Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog with Addison's was just bit by other dog. What do I do?

Dog with Addison's was...

Dog with Addison's was just bit by other dog. What do I do? No visibke injuries. Broke it up within seconds. I'm freaking out.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

See above

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

She doesn't seem hurt. I've checked her over and rubbed her down for the last 20 minutes to see if i feel any marks of anything... so far nothing. She went potty and get a drink. Tail wagging.. I just wasn't sure with Addison's if I should give additional prednisone to just help her along with the stress of the inside

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Nora

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nora?

She's 10, weighs 83lbs Was diagnosed with Addison's almost 5 years ago.

3/19/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Sorry for my lack of proofreading. ��

Friend, during acute stressful events other hormones play a role as well like epinephrine. So, there is no need to give Nora an additional prednisone, she will be fine. The main concern would have been if she sustained any injuries, but, if you are not seeing any injuries than she should be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Whew! It was such a fluke incident.Should I watch for anything in the next few hours?

As far as the Addison's I don't expect any symptoms. As far as possible injuries you need keep an eye out for any swelling that may arise after several hours.

Thank you for letting me breathe again! I'll keep a close eye on her. She's laying right with me now.Have s great evening and thanks again!

You're welcome. :)