Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has been eating grass and vommiting, as well as not…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my dog...

Hi Pearl, my dog has been eating grass and vommiting, as well as not eating or drinking. She is a little over 1 year old lab and is normally pretty energetic. She has been lathargic and sick acting the last two days. When she walks, she is constantly stretching her himd legs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Thanks. She had roundworms and was treated on wednesday with a wettable powder that lasted 3 days. It is gone, and i dont see any worms in her stool.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What do i need to do?
3/19/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Luke and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry about your pet. I have over 19 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Are you available to discuss this situation online at this time? (if you get a phone call prompt from the system, please disregard as I am unable to do a phone call at this time).
***************

How many times has she vomited?

Is she eating ok?

i can online. She is not eating at all and is drinking very little water. She was eating grass out of the yard and throwing it up. That started yesterday. She threw up 5-6 times yesterday and not at all today.

Has she pooped recently?

What is the wettable powder you used?

she just went a few hours ago. And the wettable powder was what my vet gave me to use. It did not have a name on the bag

How lethargic is she? Will she get up and walk and play and the sleep or not moving at all?

Very, hardly responsive compared to usual. And will walk but not playful at all.

Ok.

I am concerned that she is either dehydrated or very painful. This maybe a reaction to the medication or it could be something else more serious. It is not possible for you to rehydrate such an unwell dog at home or provide any safe pain relieif that you will have at home.

I really think you need to get her to your vet. If they are not open I recommend visiting your ER vet.

Dog Veterinarian: Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago

How is your dog?