Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My spayed terrier has a (like dark blood) around her region.

My spayed terrier has...

My spayed terrier has a brown (like dark blood) around her region

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the terrier?

It looks like she has been bleeding. We can seem to find any sores and she doesn’t chew on herself

3/19/2018
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Advice from one newbie to another. Spending a lot of money on indicators, EAs, and Forex courses before taking the time to understand the basics of trading first is like buying a luxury car without knowing how to drive. Take the time to understand the basics of trading before giving away your hard earned money. Just remember there are a lot of scammers out there looking for newbie blood and the only effective weapon against them is knowledge. How old is your terrier? Is she urinating normally as far as you can tell?

She’s 3 and yes she is

Okay thanks for the additional information. When did you first notice this? Does her vulva seem enlarged at all? A couple of possibilities for the blood that you are seeing is that she could have possibily something going on with her bladder, it could be something hormonal. She seems to be acting normal otherwise?

Yea otherwise she has been fine. I did just notice what look likes pus

Are you able to take a picture of the area ?

I can
Did u get the photo?

No I don't see a picture attached

Yes I am taking a look at it now.

Ok

Okay thanks for the picture. Based on the picture it looks like she has a rash around the vulva. It also looks like there is pus. So she may have an infection in that area for some reason. it could be allergies or she could have an urinary tract infection as well. If that is the case then she likely will need to be treated with antibiotics.

What do I treat it with

You can clean around the area with a mild antibacterial soap to see if it helps the rash. But based on how it looks she will need to be prescribed oral antibiotics to completely clear it up.

Can u do that or do I take her into the clinic

Unfortunately it is illegal for me or any other veterinarian to write a prescription for any medication without physically seeing the pet in person.

Ok thank you
Thank u

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

In advance, Thanks for giving a rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today and help me better serve customers in the future.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks Dr. Alleyne

Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Alleyne