Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

MY 10 YR old rescue Lab has been on phenobarbital for 12…

Customer Question
MY 10 YR old...

MY 10 YR old rescue Lab has been on phenobarbital for 12 days. His dose was just cut in half from 60 mg twice a day to 30mg twice a day. This is just the 2nd day of the new lessened dosage. He is doing so so much better, however he is still walking in a circle, mostly to the right? Is this cause for concern?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the Lab bleeding a lot?

No not at all

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Lab?

He has been blind since Aug of 2017. He just had his first seizures about Valentine's day night, then again the next morning. That is when we took him to the Vet and he started on the phenobarbital

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/18/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 10 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is he on any other medications? Any other medical issues ?

Looks like you are not currently online to respond. I am about to log off but if you come back online to respond I will be happy to respond to you whenever I log back in. Thank you

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian